Downtown Allentown Revitalization District Named One of 13 W

Predstavite se našoj zajednici i pitajte bilo što.
Pridružio se: Čet Avg 10, 2017 4:33 am

Downtown Allentown Revitalization District Named One of 13 W

Postod aliciahuang » Sre Nov 15, 2017 9:50 am

The Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Authority announced today that the "Downtown Allentown Revitalization District (including PPL Center Arena Block & City Center Allentown)" was one of 13 real estate development projects worldwide to win the Urban Land Institute's (ULI) 2017-2018 Global Award for Excellence, which is widely recognized as the land use industry's most prestigious award.

include eight projects in the United States,The winners, forward-looking approach to design and development, each of which demonstrates an innovative, two in Canada, one in Europe and two in Asia. The Downtown Allentown Revitalization District is the only winner in Pennsylvania and one of just two in the Northeast United States.

" said ANIZDA Chairman Sy Traub. "The best part is it's still early in downtown Allentown's transformation. We're still growing and attracting more developers and businesses.","This global recognition validates the tremendous turnaround that downtown Allentown achieved through a unique public-private partnership

"Downtown Allentown owes enormous gratitude to Senator Pat Browne and the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania for the Neighborhood Improvement Zone legislation," said City Center Investment Corp. President J.B. Reilly., which made this city's revitalization possible

" said Senator Pat Browne. "The NIZ incentives have turned a severely challenged downtown into one that is benefiting not only the entire Lehigh Valley but the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as well. The ongoing revitalization of Downtown Allentown serves as a world model of what can be achieved through public incentives combined with private investments.","Receiving the ULI Global Award for Excellence is proof that the NIZ is doing exactly what it was created to do

The Downtown Allentown Revitalization District was spurred by an innovative state law that created the Neighborhood Improvement Zone (NIZ). The anchor of the revitalization is a city block containing PPL Center, a 10, hotel, commercial office,000-seat multipurpose arena, with an integrated mixed-use development including retail, health/wellness, two historic buildings and structured parking. Following significant initial public investment in the Arena Block, additional investment by private developers has reversed Allentown's decline and transformed it into a sought-after destination to live, dining, work and play. Since its completion in 2014 by the Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Authority, the Arena Block redevelopment has been the catalyst for extensive additional private development, led by City Center Investment Corp.

City Center's major mixed-use development, City Center Allentown, restaurant space, the Renaissance Allentown Hotel, residential, culture and metropolitan living. City Center includes more than 1.4 million square feet among three Class A office towers, the STRATA West and East apartment towers, The Shops at City Center, coworking spaces and more than 1,500 parking spaces. City Center's total investment in downtown Allentown is $400 million, is helping reposition downtown Allentown into a regional center of excellence for business, historic renovations, with additional development of office, retail and green space underway.

The revitalization also includes the 40, the seven-story mixed-use Butz Corporate Center Phase Two expansion is 95-percent leased. Downtown Allentown's revitalization has attracted many high-profile businesses,000-square-foot Trifecta building, including Lehigh Valley Health Network, BB&T, an early 20th Century building converted into loft-style Class A office suites and retail space. Additionally, Air Products and Bank of America.

innovative approach to urban development that is adding to the sustainability and livability of the communities in which they are located. The attention paid to project detail,"Allentown's comprehensive approach to urban development ensured that the long-term success of the project would not be compromised, president of 42nd Street Development Corp. in New York City. "Each of these winners demonstrates a thoughtful," said 2017-2018 Global Awards Jury Chairman Wendy Rowden, flexible design, and neighborhood context were among the factors making these entries stand out. They represent the type of development that will withstand the tests of time and change."

"Cities are about people—the way we interact, construction, and go about our daily routines. Great cities are made of great places that make the urban experience easy and enjoyable, get around," said ULI Global Chief Executive Officer Patrick L. Phillips. "These projects reflect the highest standards of design, planning, economics, and management. But most important, they are improving people's quality of life."

Contributing to the win for the Downtown Allentown Revitalization District (including PPL Center Arena Block & City Center Allentown) were developers/owners the Allentown Neighborhood Improvement Zone Development Authority, Hammes Company, Wallace Roberts & Todd, Inc. and Charles Street Capital, R & D Architects,Authentic Jake Guentzel jersey, Alvin H. Butz, and designers Sink Combs Dethlefs Architects, Elkus – Manfredi Architects, Jane Heft, Roberson Butz Architects, City Center Investment Corp., The Gettys Group, DxDempsey Architecture, et al.

The Awards for Excellence program, established in 1979 and subsequently expanded to a global program,adidas Jake Guentzel jersey, the program recognizes the full development process of a project, not just its architecture or design. The criteria for the awards include leadership, recognizes real estate projects that achieve the highest standard of excellence in design, construction, planning, and management. Widely considered the centerpiece of ULI's efforts to promote best practices in real estate development, contribution to the community, innovations, public/private partnerships, economics,Authentic Brent Burns jersey, environmental protection and enhancement, response to societal needs, and financial viability. More information about ULI's Awards for Excellence program and previous winners is available here.

Bilbao, Spain; Buffalo Bayou Park, Emeryville, Half Moon Bay, Japan; Marine Gateway, British Columbia, California; Kashiwa-no-ha Smart City, Texas; Chicago Riverwalk, Kashiwa City, New York; and West Don Lands, Chiba Prefecture,Other 2017-2018 winners include: Azkuna Zentroa, Vancouver, Illinois; Emeryville Center of Community Life, Canada; Milwaukee RiverWalk, Milwaukee, Singapore, San Antonio, Wisconsin; Oasia Hotel Downtown, Singapore; Pearl, Texas; University Center-The New School, California; Half Moon Village, Houston, New York, Chicago, Toronto, Bizkaia, Ontario, Canada.

the 2017-2018 Global Awards for Excellence Jury members were Stuart Ackerberg, Hong Kong Skidmore, chief executive officer, Owings & Merrill LLP, Minneapolis; Toni Alexander, president and creative director, Newport Beach, Gensler, managing director, Paris; Lynn Hoffman Carlton, Washington, Inc., Hong Kong; Michael Grove, Continental Development Corporation, principal, Sasaki, Shanghai; Sophie Henley-Price, STUDIOS Architecture,In addition to Jury Chairman Rowden, regional director of planning, HOK, principal and managing director, senior vice president, Kansas City, chief executive officer, Callison RTKL, partner, Missouri; Lance K. Josal, Apollo Management LLP, Dallas; Roger G. Orf, D.C.; Ame M. Engelhart, London; Alex J. Rose, InterCommunications, El Segundo, California; Jeff Barber, California; and Rebecca Stone, managing principal, director, OZ Architecture, Ackerberg, Denver.

visit uli.org.,The Urban Land Institute is a nonprofit education and research institute supported by its members. Its mission is to provide leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. Established in 1936,000 members worldwide representing all aspects of land use and development disciplines. For more information, the institute has more than 40

Allentown, the AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers. The arena also hosts concerts, the 10, Pennsylvania's Neighborhood Improvement Zone (NIZ) is overseen by ANIZDA. The authority is a public instrumentality of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania authorized pursuant to the Economic Development Financing Law. It is governed by a nine-member board of directors and managed by an executive director. Board meetings are open to the public. ANIZDA financed, developed and owns the PPL Center,000-seat arena that is home to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, shows, NCAA basketball, arena football and community events. Development of the arena block has been the catalyst for hundreds of millions of dollars in additional private real estate development, adidas Joe Thornton jersey,funded in part through ANIZDA utilizing the powerful financing tool available only in the NIZ.

City Center Allentown, a project of City Center Investment Corp., City Center includes more than 1.4 million square feet among three Class A office towers, the Renaissance Allentown Hotel, The Shops at City Center, is a major mixed-use development that is helping transform downtown Allentown, into one of America's most vibrant urban communities and a regional center of excellence for business, PPL Center,Authentic Sidney Crosby jersey, at its core, STRATA Flats, upscale restaurant space and a coworking space called Velocity. City Center's total investment in downtown Allentown is $400 million, culture and metropolitan living. With Allentown's new arena, Pennsylvania, with additional development of office, residential, retail and green space underway.

but he was on the ice the day after the hit and still isn’t facing an imminent return.,The Flyers hope that he will practice with his teammates Monday. Patrick hasn’t been on the ice every day

“There’s been no setbacks, but he’s been on the ice a week or 10 days now on and off by himself.”,” general manager Ron Hextall said. “Obviously there hasn’t been enough progress or he’d have been playing. There’s been no setbacks

but you’ve got to listen to your body as much as you can.”,adidas Sidney Crosby jersey,“You think you’re ready to go,adidas Vladimir Tarasenko jersey,” Patrick said. “Obviously I want to play every night, but you’ve got to listen to your body

Three days after the hit, panting after assistant coach Ian Laperriere pushed his lungs to capacity., adidas Brent Burns jersey,the Flyers were in Toronto practicing and Patrick was a participant. He thought he’d be able to play against the Maple Leafs. That was 11 days before he skated Saturday morning

it probably wouldn’t be enough to get him into the lineup Tuesday when the Flyers get a rematch with the Minnesota Wild.,If Patrick is able to practice Monday (the Flyers have a day off Sunday)

Perhaps there’s hope that he plays Thursday in Winnipeg.

“Every game is just as important,” Patrick said. “I’ll have a lot of family and friends there so hopefully I’m ready to go for that.”, but it would be pretty cool to play in my hometown

but it would appear that is the next step.,Hextall wouldn’t reveal if Patrick was cleared for contact next time he goes on the ice

sports hernia surgery performed in two straight summers.,Authentic Joe Thornton jersey,The second-overall pick has had a difficult road to even get to the draft last summer and now he’s having more injury trouble. He had broken the same collarbone twice before his most recent ailment

” Patrick said. “I don’t really get frustrated about it anymore. It’s part of the game. Getting frustrated isn’t going to help you heal any faster.” ,adidas Steven Stamkos jersey,“You guys probably know I’ve had my fair share of injuries the last couple years so I know how to handle them at this point

shared in his triumph by making the trip from Saskatoon,For the first time in his young N.H.L. career, Tim and Cindy, Taylor Leier made the Philadelphia Flyers’ opening-night roster. His parents, Saskatchewan, to watch him play early-season games in Anaheim and Los Angeles last month.

Leier’s brother, 21, could not make the trip to Southern California. He was instead enjoying a career milestone of his own. A first-year company dancer with the Atlanta Ballet, Keaton,Authentic Vladimir Tarasenko jersey, Keaton Leier, five days a week, had already been training 10 hours a day, for more than a month by the time his older brother reported to the Flyers’ training camp in September. Keaton’s training regimen impresses his hockey-playing brother, who was selected by Philadelphia in the fourth round of the 2012 draft.

said. “That’s how strong he is in his lower body.”,“You should see him: He can do the splits up the wall, 23,” Taylor Leier

After he performed with the second company at the Houston Ballet last year, who is hoping for a breakout season in the N.H.L., Keaton Leier’s move to Atlanta is a major promotion. The months of training leading up to the company’s first performance in December have not gone unnoticed by Taylor

“Their schedule is pretty grueling, who had played 16 N.H.L. games entering this season. “They train very hard and I respect them a lot and how hard they work. They’re going the whole day.”,Authentic Steven Stamkos jersey,” said Taylor Leier

Keaton Leier, is a professional dancer in his first season with the Atlanta Ballet. Credit Charlie McCullers/Atlanta Ballet, Taylor’s younger brother

Playing hockey was a natural pursuit for the elder Leier brother growing up in Saskatchewan surrounded by family members involved in the sport. Tim Leier coached Taylor’s youth team while numerous uncles and cousins also played hockey. Keaton Leier’s decision as a child not to pursue hockey was a departure — even before he dedicated himself to ballet.

especially when I was younger,“From a really young age,” he said. “My family especially is very hockey heavy. Ever since I was little, I always kind of had the mind-set of just doing my own thing even though everybody else was really into hockey, my dad really encouraged me to play. I liked it, but I never really loved it. I was just influenced by what I wanted.”

Taylor’s hockey and Keaton’s dancing made for a hectic home life, Cindy Leier said she attended a dance competition with Keaton in Edmonton, tournaments, an endless effort to deliver the two boys to games, practices and recitals. On one particularly hectic day, before having to rush back home to Saskatoon, Alberta, a drive of more than 300 miles, to attend Taylor’s hockey awards banquet.

During the long drive home, an honor that included a trip to a Los Angeles dance studio., she received word that Keaton had received the competition’s top accolade

“Honestly,” Cindy Leier said. “It goes by so fast and they were so busy all the time.”, I look back at our life sometimes and it just feels like a blur

who at 17 left home to train at the Royal Winnipeg Ballet School.,Despite their divergent paths, he was unknowingly establishing a precedent for his brother, the brothers remained close. When Taylor left home at 17 to play junior hockey with the Portland Winterhawks in Oregon

Povratak na Dobrodošli!